- Enjoy 340-miles of scenic forests and thundering waterfalls along Thompson Falls Loop.
- Just a few miles outside Whitefish, Voerman Road offers a cruise through pastoral landscapes on the way to Columbia Falls.
- An iconic route, the Going-to-the-Sun Road is a favorite scenic highway traveled by many wanting to admire the vast beauty of Glacier National Park.
Where can I ride my motorcycle?
Thompson Falls via Missoula
Follow the Clark River through many flat forested areas into Idaho and then back again.
- Directions: From Whitefish take 93 South to 90 east to Missoula. From Missoula, head west on I90 exiting north on U.S. 93 to Ravalli, then go west on MT 200 to Thompson Falls. After passing through Thompson Falls, take a left on Prospect Creek Rd, through Murray, Idaho to Kingston, Idaho. Go east on I90 to St. Regis East on MT 135 East on MT 200 South on U.S. 93 to I90
- Distance/Time: 340 miles; 6 to 8 hours
- Road Conditions: Paved Road
A mecca for motorcyclists, the two-lane highway traverses the Continental Divide and offers unparalleled views of the vast valley. Because of the elevation gain and traffic, expect a leisurely cruise to the summit at Logan’s Pass.
- Directions: From downtown Whitefish head out of town on 93 north and make a left on Highway 40, then in Columbia Falls pick-up Highway 2 and follow the signs to West Glacier.
- Distance/Time: Going-to-the-Sun Road is 64 miles in length from West to Many Glacier
- Road Conditions: Paved Road
Great Divide Route
Viewed by adventure motorcyclists as one of the most beautiful and challenging trails in North America, the Great Divide route follows the Continental Divide trail system from Canada to the border with Mexico and passes through the Whitefish area, making if a preferred stop along the way for local services, lodging, food, bike repair services, and more. View this for more details on the Divide Route and click here for local lodging & bike services in Whitefish
Voerman Road, Whitefish
This backroad connector to Highway 40 in Columbia Falls is a little less than 10 miles long, but it winds through spectacular scenery, which makes it well worth a side trip. Once through the residential section near 10th Street, Voerman Road opens into a wide open meadow dotted with sprawling ranches and corrals teeming with horses. The road stretches east along the flat land, which gives uninterrupted views of the mountains. Take some time to stop and admire the pristine vista. Voerman Road ends and turns into Dillon Road and after 3 more miles it connects with Highway 40 in Columbia Falls.
- Directions: From downtown Whitefish, follow Route 93 south towards Kalispell and take a left on 13th street at the traffic light. Follow 13th Street less than 1 mile and make a right on 10th Street, which runs into Voerman Road.
- Distance/Time: From downtown Whitefish to the end of Dillon Road, where it connects to Highway 40 it’s about 10 miles, about a 20 minute drive.
- Road Conditions: Paved Road two-lane road.
I am looking for a motorcycle guide…
Looking to cruise the highways along the Flathead Valley, the vast prairies outside Browning or wind your way over the Continental Divide in Glacier National Park a Harley? Check out the one-day and extended rides with Northwest Motorcycle Tours.
Montana Harley Davidson in Missoula is the only area dealer which rents motorcycles.