- Enjoy unparalleled views of the Salish Mountains from your canoe or motorboat.
- Lake and rainbow trout abound in the lake’s warm water.
- Whether looking for an easy lakeside day hike or a more rigorous mountain pass, MacGregor Lake has a trail to suit every hiker.
What can I do at MacGregor Lake?
- Boating: The large concrete boat ramp is great for launching motorboats. The lake is home to a large popular lodge which brings in plenty of boaters. The warm water attracts scuba divers, as well.
- Fishing: As a fairly shallow lake with an average depth of about 100 feet, it’s a very popular spot for local sportsman. The lake’s lodge hosts a fishing derby every year and lake and rainbow trout are the catch. Hunting is also a favorite pastime here.
- Hiking: An easy 2.9 mile long trail, the MacGregor Lake Shoreline Trail is family friendly. The Bar Z and Meadow Ridge trails pass through the MacGregor Lake area.
- Camping: RV and tent camping available at 23 sites. Camping fee is $12.
Where is MacGregor Lake?
Kalispell is the closest town. From Kalispell take Highway 2 for 32 miles. From Libby, travel 53 miles southeast on US Highway 2.
When is it open?
The lake is open year-round for summer and winter activities. Campground is open May to October.
How much does it cost?
Who can I call if I have more questions?
Kootenai National Forest at 406-293-6211.