- Situated in the heart of Whitefish, Glacier Nordic Center offers miles of groomed trails to explore.
- A visit to the Glacier Outdoor Center offers cross-country skiers the opportunity to experience the beauty of Glacier National Park in winter. Look for mountain goats and moose as you ski miles of pristine terrain.
- Voted one of the best cross-country ski resorts in the Rockies, Izaak Walton Inn offers world-class conditions.
Where can I go cross-country skiing?
Glacier Nordic Club
With over 7 miles of groomed trails with 2.4 miles lit for night skiing, the Glacier Nordic Club offers pristine conditions back-dropped by amazing scenery. Located on the Whitefish Lake Golf Course and surrounded by National Forest, the cross-country skiing trails are great for every level of skier.
- Distance: 7.4 miles of trails
- Contact the Glacier Nordic Center at 406-862-9498 or visit www.glaciernordicclub.com
North Shore Nordic Club
This nordic club manages two nordic ski areas (Blacktail Mountain and Bigfork Community Trails). All trails are maintained through donations.
- Distance: 20 km at Blacktail and 6.5 km at Bigfork.
- Contact the North Shore Nordic Club at 406-837-0783 or visit them online.
Stillwater Nordic Center
offers 20 km of groomed track for skate and classic nordic skiing. There are also some great trails for snowshoeing. There is even a 3.5 km dog-friendly section. Located on Beaver Lake Road in Whitefish.
- Distance: 20 km
- Contact the Stillwater Nordic Center at 406-862-7004 or Visit them Online.
Izaak Walton Inn
Voted one of the best cross-country trail systems in the Rockies, the Izaak Walton Inn maintains 20.5 miles of groomed trails between Thanksgiving to late-April. Due to the Inn’s location in Essex, the trails traverse some of the most spectacular scenery in Glacier National Park and Bob Marshall Wilderness.
- Distance: 20.5 miles
- Contact Izaak Walton Inn at 406-888-5700 or visit www.izaakwaltoninn.com
I am looking for a cross-country skiing guide…
The Whitefish Mountain Resort offers Glacier Adventure Guides into Glacier National Park. Whether you choose to explore on cross-country skis or snowshoes, the guides can help you explore the areas challenging terrain.